Skip to content
Skip to menu
- Calman’s wife Zelda dies, his daughters have all moved out and on
- Clara, daughter of one of Calman’s competitors, makes a flirty play for Calman.
- Miriam’s eloping with Lucian shames Calman, the town starts gossiping about him.
- Felicia, the Count’s daughter, marries a doctor
- Calman and Clara marry in a weird ceremony in Warsaw
- big hubub when the rabbi dies; Jochanan gets the gig after playing that he didn’t want it.
- Calman’s blown away by his new wife’s freewheeling nature, that she dances with other men, that she’s about as pious as a prostitute.